There were some words more powerful than the sum of all these written today.
A king sought when a King led this King's chosen.
Sinful ways become new norms and mores every since back then.
How can one stray so far away from the unpopular writings of yesterday?
Men continue to pen prose to appease the dull, unloving, and corrosive hearts of men.
The unpopular writings of yesterday find their use when men athirst truth.
Whet the appetite for truth. Paint visions by pen that heightens the curiosity for more truth.
Let truth be the common popular language day by day.
Timothy Branch's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Demotic by Timothy Branch )
- A Treat, Please, Bruce Larkin
- I Love Halloween!, Bruce Larkin
- Wal-Mart are You Joking?, Joe Rosochacki
- Love's Victory, Kusum Gokarn
- Even The Moon Is Not Alone, Hanna Litantra
- Safe vault, hasmukh amathalal
- He Keeps The Stencils Of The Living Day, mary douglas
- Poets, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Fallacy, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Adam(ant), Pradip Chattopadhyay
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)