I got these pills for christmas
but not from santa claus
i got them from the pharmacy
with the greengrocer next door.
They're really very nice pills
i take them all the time
and even when its raining
i say the weather's fine.
They're very cost effective
about ten bucks a week
and for all the good they do for me
they're really very cheap.
I have to say i'm nervous
each time i get a scrip
i whisper what i'm buying
they often have to read my lips.
You see i suffer from depression
and i'm scared if people know
they think i'm all peculiar
and say 'sorry gotta go'.
It's quite lonely being lonely
it's lonely by myself
it's lonely being a victim
of imperfect mental health.
David Keig's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Depression by David Keig )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Scuttled away, Eleonora Bistrianu
- Exist. Exist. Exist., Eleonora Bistrianu
- I'm His Angel 4 Life, Samantha Jorgensen
- Vulnurable, Somanathan Iyer
- Only to be experienced!, Somanathan Iyer
- Praying Peace, Aftab Alam
- No Harm, abigail sikwenda
- Never Ex, abigail sikwenda
- Its not my fault, abigail sikwenda
- The Glorious Leader, Chris Zachariou