I got these pills for christmas
but not from santa claus
i got them from the pharmacy
with the greengrocer next door.
They're really very nice pills
i take them all the time
and even when its raining
i say the weather's fine.
They're very cost effective
about ten bucks a week
and for all the good they do for me
they're really very cheap.
I have to say i'm nervous
each time i get a scrip
i whisper what i'm buying
they often have to read my lips.
You see i suffer from depression
and i'm scared if people know
they think i'm all peculiar
and say 'sorry gotta go'.
It's quite lonely being lonely
it's lonely by myself
it's lonely being a victim
of imperfect mental health.
David Keig's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Depression by David Keig )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Melody Of The Wind, Dennis Lange
- Lesbian Bisexuals, Richard Thripp
- MAN WHO WALKED ON WATER, Colin Ian Jeffery
- Love and Tears, Beach Girl
- Till Now, Cheryl Griffith
- shamely departed, kyvin nash
- THEIR SMART MISSILES ARE NOT SMARTER THA.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Black Orchid, Beach Girl
- Play trick, hasmukh amathalal
- condemned, Mandolyn Davidson