I got these pills for christmas
but not from santa claus
i got them from the pharmacy
with the greengrocer next door.
They're really very nice pills
i take them all the time
and even when its raining
i say the weather's fine.
They're very cost effective
about ten bucks a week
and for all the good they do for me
they're really very cheap.
I have to say i'm nervous
each time i get a scrip
i whisper what i'm buying
they often have to read my lips.
You see i suffer from depression
and i'm scared if people know
they think i'm all peculiar
and say 'sorry gotta go'.
It's quite lonely being lonely
it's lonely by myself
it's lonely being a victim
of imperfect mental health.
David Keig's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Depression by David Keig )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Jena Crowe, you Should get a job at Wal-.., Mandolyn ...
- What has The CPI(M) Done People Know It.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Communists Are Not At All The Good Men, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Pleading to God?, Dr John Celes
- Restricted!, Geetha Jayakumar
- Seemith!, Geetha Jayakumar
- Fashion Girls, Bijay Kant Dubey
- How Suicide Works 3, C Jay Caputo
- Under The Moonlit Nights, I Think of Kis.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Poet Is A Liar, A Great Liar, You Ma.., Bijay Kant Dubey