Depth of Love
You are the ocean and I am the horizon that meets you.
You are the little showers that show up on a sunny day and I am the colourful rainbow,
You are the fire, I am the snow.
You are the earth and I am its crust.
You are my life, else I am barren.
The depth of love can't be measured,
The love it spreads is a mystic fragrance,
The pleasure it gives sends me to trance.
That is our residence, our little heaven.
Where the sky is just a few inches high,
Where I can sail on the clouds,
Walk by the beach holding hands, kissing each other.
Where love's no lie or fantasy.
But the very existence of life.
April Pearl's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Depth of Love by April Pearl )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
(August 8, 1884 – January 29, 1933)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Sonnet II: My Heart Was Slain, Michael Drayton
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Ozymandias, Percy Bysshe Shelley
Poem of the Day
- Once More, Ahmad Husain
- The Cry Of The Shadow, Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- He Knows No Hospital Gate, Mohamedkhadar Yussuf
- I LOST YOU, Sharen Suren
- the pleasure of old age, oskar hansen
- Reading Elizabeth Bishop's Poem 'One Art', Merton Lee
- Iron Road poem, As Fates Convolve, Sambanath Denis
- BEYOND DEATH, Michael P. Johnson
- Limerick-74, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Paul Butters Clerihew One, Paul Butters