Arias, music of the stars
Drifting in infinite night sky
Opera stage and desert sands compete.
Cosi Fan Tutti-faithless lovers
Tempting fate, betraying love's illusion
At the last.
La Boheme-Hope for redemption in a work of art,
Music, poetry, wine,
Love lost in consumption and death.
Work of Life-desert wind, rain, lightening, thunder
Opera for the Gods upstaging Mozart, Puccini, Verdi
All of man's most splendid work
confined, limited by time and space, wood and steel,
While Opera for the Gods goes on around us, before and after us into the endless night.
Bea Early's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Desert Opera by Bea Early )
- Once summer comes, Edgar Stevenson
- My Address, gajanan mishra
- With dogs and rats, Aftab Alam
- If I Were A Child, Randy McClave
- Who Wilt Preach?, Sir Toby
- Uncle Ikey's Last Words No.43, Robert Graber
- A Balance Of Opinion, Richard Provencher
- Till You Come, micheal john
- The Thing Betwixt The Ears, Buxton Shippy
- Going To Heaven, Tony Adah