Arias, music of the stars
Drifting in infinite night sky
Opera stage and desert sands compete.
Cosi Fan Tutti-faithless lovers
Tempting fate, betraying love's illusion
At the last.
La Boheme-Hope for redemption in a work of art,
Music, poetry, wine,
Love lost in consumption and death.
Work of Life-desert wind, rain, lightening, thunder
Opera for the Gods upstaging Mozart, Puccini, Verdi
All of man's most splendid work
confined, limited by time and space, wood and steel,
While Opera for the Gods goes on around us, before and after us into the endless night.
Bea Early's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Desert Opera by Bea Early )
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Talking Turkeys!, Benjamin Zephaniah
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)