Arias, music of the stars
Drifting in infinite night sky
Opera stage and desert sands compete.
Cosi Fan Tutti-faithless lovers
Tempting fate, betraying love's illusion
At the last.
La Boheme-Hope for redemption in a work of art,
Music, poetry, wine,
Love lost in consumption and death.
Work of Life-desert wind, rain, lightening, thunder
Opera for the Gods upstaging Mozart, Puccini, Verdi
All of man's most splendid work
confined, limited by time and space, wood and steel,
While Opera for the Gods goes on around us, before and after us into the endless night.
Bea Early's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Desert Opera by Bea Early )
- AUTUMN BRIDE, Rose Lu ( Bing hua )
- As Time Turns, Cathy Hodgson
- Suazo Nights, Eddie Morgan
- Juicy Lucy, I Salute Your vASStness!, Monk E. Biz
- As Long As I Am There For 'You', Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Paralyzed And Iced, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The Art and the Pain, Udaya R. Tennakoon
- Alien Lullaby, Akujuobi Chijioke
- A Song Of Long Ago, Lilly Emery
- Simply Amazing, Olecia Henry