Arias, music of the stars
Drifting in infinite night sky
Opera stage and desert sands compete.
Cosi Fan Tutti-faithless lovers
Tempting fate, betraying love's illusion
At the last.
La Boheme-Hope for redemption in a work of art,
Music, poetry, wine,
Love lost in consumption and death.
Work of Life-desert wind, rain, lightening, thunder
Opera for the Gods upstaging Mozart, Puccini, Verdi
All of man's most splendid work
confined, limited by time and space, wood and steel,
While Opera for the Gods goes on around us, before and after us into the endless night.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Desert Opera by Bea Early )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- News Of Tragedies, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Natural Life's Aura, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Soul's Keys, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Love Confessed, Sandra Feldman
- LONELY, Egbe Chris
- The Cemetery, John Dadzie
- People Confusion Is, Is It Poetry
- God has been biting his nails again, Mandolyn ...
- LONELY EBOLA, Egbe Chris
- ABROAD في الخارج, MOHAMMAD SKATI