In The End
You are the father of my son
And when all is said and done
You were not the only one
But I will have to say I loved you.
Not a kind or tender love
But the sort of love that stays
Through the many nights and days
Through the sickness and the ways
Of your long dying.
In the winter of our lives
We are together in the end,
Not as lovers, but as friends,
In your dying I will tend
To your sweet dreams.
Our son will live on past us
He surely will outlast us
We endure what fate has cast us
You die before me.
I will miss you, yes, my friend
Now that we are at the end
Glad we had the time to mend,
Still I have one wish to send,
Let God be with you.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (In The End by Bea Early )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- this is becoming a line at red box, Mandolyn Davidson
- it's SPF 50 or i'm hitting the caves, Mandolyn Davidson
- We Are, j.r ...
- if i had been a cactus, you still would .., Mandolyn Davidson
- retrospect, Mandolyn Davidson
- Mothra Rules, Kevin Patrick
- A Tidal Wave, MINA BOULEKOU
- gameshow guest, lee fones
- The Poor Rich, Samantha Pearson
- A Critique, Sandra Feldman