Is my want a desire?
Is it limitless?
Why do I become angry and agitated?
Why do I become bitter and resentful?
You are no toy
To fulfill my desire.
Why do I desire you?
Is it your virtue, your purity?
Is it your love or your beauty?
Or, Are you just my spiritual joy.
Drilled into my head
Better to be
Kind and generous
Loving and considerate
I console myself
There is something better waiting for me
Much better than fulfilling my desires.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Desire by Aflatoon Marzbani )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- I Am Sorry, Yogiraj Biplab
- Fetching, Saiom Shriver
- Blackberry Pickers, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- The Lost Voice, akshaya shah
- The Soul And The Spirit Of The Race, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- my pair of pretty is all grown up, Mandolyn ...
- A Short Poem, Toshie Nohara
- The Lane, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- The gift, John F. McCullagh
- Metamorphosis, Patricia Grantham