Do you have a lot on your mind, to say?
Are many things, obstacles, getting in your way?
You need to surpass the many flaws of this vivid phase,
No matter how much pressure, work and how many days.
What you have to say, is more than I need,
But for your words, the creatures, they plead,
They yearn for your wisdom, for your sacred time,
Not another pointless, meaningless and foolish mime.
'I love you.' the words are carefully chosen,
It's the only cure, for their hearts, so frozen,
Slowly they all drop lower and lower, in the cleft,
Only you can make them accurate, healthy and deft.
Who am I kidding, acting as if you need my guidance,
I'm all-knowing, I'm made up, do you feel my stridence?
You and I, are the exact same thing, the same chance given,
But I said it too late, and therefore, I was split, riven.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Desperate by Dan Lundahl )
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- I Will Love You Forever, I Love My Wife Forever
- '' Death Can't Be Undone '', bri mar
- English Words, V. K. Gokak
Poem of the Day
- windmill hill, lee fones
- I Miss You 2, Michael P. McParland
- My Daughter at 14, Christmas Dance, 1981, Maria Mazziotti Gillan
- I Miss You, Michael P. McParland
- Life in peril, hasmukh amathalal
- Christmas Greeting, Clive Blake
- Duality!, SALINI NAIR
- Christmas Carol, Luo Zhihai
- ~Honesty~, E Nigma
- The Carwasher, Tony Adah