Desperation, i've been told,
whilst waiting for a love to unfold;
fighting and dying at the hands of fate,
a fartherless child born not a day late;
taking promises, taking trust,
watch with a smile and a tear
as they turn to dust.
Burried in the silence.
Heart wrenched from one silken touch,
sometimes beauty is not recognised.
when it contrasts with what is felt inside.
To whom does the right belong to point the finger
at whats not understood?
Going to the extream, we are all mad.
Random acts of kindness flow, through rivers stained red, .
Its only when i feel your arms are wrapped around me,
that i see the world as it should be,
whilst desperatly waiting for a love to unfold.
Laura Cummings's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Desperation by Laura Cummings )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Time lapse ("Grey Gardens"), John Taggart
- from "Landscape with Light", John Taggart
- Inside Out, John Taggart
- PH: Limericks (Of Physics) : #1, Brian Johnston
- Slow Song for Mark Rothko, John Taggart
- Refrains for Robert Quine, John Taggart
- Precious Lord, John Taggart
- Needs, Nalini Chaturvedi
- One(1) Classroom, herbert guitang
- Archeologist, Dr PJ Raj Kamal