rains of bloom
I don't think he can understand
because Daddy is a selfish man
and momma is asleep beside the roses,
her eyes caked with dust.
Momma used to dance among the faries
and whisper stories of love
my momma's hands wrote with ink
telling fables of the imagination.
And Daddy was a simple man
who drank, who smoke, who ate
but his home was surrounded by love
and none of us knew pain.
But then the hand of the devil came
beckoned by the light of an angel
he turned the walls to ash
and generosity became anger.
Glass is broken among the floors
as bleeding feet walk on ice
screams are never uttered
and the lights flicker in the haunted house.
The windows are boarded by blocks
the door is locked by no key
the house is open to strangers
as long as they want to die.
Souls are consumed by fire
and laughter is exchanged for rage
the devil smiles at his handiwork
as the angel's face is contorted with pain.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Devil's Pawn by rains of bloom )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Whom Life Has Injured, David Harris
- Democracy has reached in wildelife, Upendra Singh
- weeds, lee fones
- Neither action, gajanan mishra
- Steel Helmet, Suchoon Mo_
- Stinky Steve, jerome moore
- COPLA CINCUENTA Y NUEVE: This Bad Guy Wo.., T (no first name) Wignesan
- When I say - sad, gajanan mishra
- Season Affair, jerome moore
- tussen het systeem, co the skipper