Stuart Roy McIVOR
Did Norman Do the Driving?
We are driving North up the A9
past Pitlochry and Aviemore, onto Black Isle and Ullapool,
Did Norman do the driving?
I cannot imagine Norman driving
Should poets drive? It doesn't seem quite write.
Did he stop at Inchnadamph hotel for a drink like us?
Or did he keep on going for his favourite Western shore?
Rushing onwards past Assynt Loch
Turning right at the council depot - and carefully negotiating the single track.
Were prose and poems already forming in his mind?
Or did he call on his friends first for dram and blether?
Let the words wait for tomorrow's morn -
when in solitude walking upon the strand, heavy fogged from the night before,
then who knows, did the poetry flow in Norman's head?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Did Norman Do the Driving? by Stuart Roy McIVOR )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- 42, Angela Khristin Brown
- Heebie-jeebie, lee fones
- Street Urchin, Babatunde Aremu
- Shake Loose my Skin, Angela Khristin Brown
- Street Culture, Angela Khristin Brown
- 1969, Angela Khristin Brown
- Reap & Sow, Angela Khristin Brown
- Save The Girl Child Of India, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Martin Luther King Jr., Angela Khristin Brown
- Marvin Gaye, Angela Khristin Brown