Rabia al Basri
Die Before You Die
Ironic, but one of the most intimate acts
of our body is
So beautiful appeared my death - knowing who then I would kiss,
I died a thousand times before I died.
"Die before you die," said the Prophet
Have wings that feared ever
touched the Sun?
I was born when all I once
feared - I could
Rabia al Basri's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Copyright © 1999 by Daniel Ladinsky. Reprinted by permission of the author.
Comments about this poem (Die Before You Die by Rabia al Basri )
- There Will Always Be Another Poem, Shalom Freedman
- This Is My Bungalow, This Is My Car, Thi.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- f' my life i hate this place, shannon strauss
- Pulmonary Hypertension, Strydar Enox
- Depths Unknown, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- English ‘hope', douglas scotney
- Looking for a new land, gajanan mishra
- Let Vishwakarma Be With, The Divine Mast.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- TWIRLING WANDS, shannon strauss
- Same As My Heart, Rose Lu ( Bing Hua )