Rabia al Basri
My God and My Lord
Eyes are at rest, the stars are setting.
Hushed are the stirrings of birds in their nests,
Of monsters in the ocean.
You are the Just who knows no change,
The Balance that can never swerve,
The Eternal which never passes away.
The doors of Kings are bolted now and guarded by soldiers.
Your Door is open to all who call upon You.
Each love is now alone with his beloved.
And I am alone with You.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Edited: A. Harvey and E. Hanut
Comments about this poem (My God and My Lord by Rabia al Basri )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Death Of A Naturalist, Seamus Heaney
Poem of the Day
- Out Of My Head, Anuradha Singh
- Revealing life in Death, Angell Afinowi
- The Jujube Tree And Me, Madathil Nair
- AM HOOKED IN YOUR TRUE LOVE., Changez Ndzai
- Coffee And Cream Chocolates, Michael P. McParland
- Bless You Tonight, Michael P. McParland
- You at the Center, rosalinda flores rosevoc
- Odia Poem- Brukshya Debata, Jitendra seth
- The Sorry Band-Aid, william upton
- Odia Poem- SATHI, Jitendra seth