Lift up your arm and grab the next bar
Pull yourself up, put your foot on the other bar
Climb the ladder
To the top
To the very top
Up so high
So very very high.
Leap into the air
For one split second...
That feels like for ever
And you fly gracefully
Then you fall
So very very fast
Whatever you do,
It astounds you.
Strait in, ,
Into the cold
Into the wet.
Water engulfs you.
As you swim to the surface
You climb out.
And climb up the ladder
Ready to dive again
Timothy Venard's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Diving by Timothy Venard )
- mornings, Howard MacDougall
- One Forgets, Naveed Akram
- See The Water, Lenny Orlando Camacho
- It's The Whys That Makes Us Suffer, Lenny Orlando Camacho
- Dessert With Youngest Son, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Loving Couple, Ronell Warren Alman
- Could he be right?, Von Kimball Barney
- You Are My Strength, greg paul
- Winters Coming, michael hagwood
- Whats Wrong With Me, jasmine paul