(A poem of my island) 1- My island (intro)
There is a field far away
Where neither moon nor sun is seen
Amongst the grass, and the straw, and the hey
Is a pool where an island has been.
This was my island and it was mine,
And its inhabitants are my friends
They’re strange and weird, but I think they’re fine
And they were until they’re ends.
But who are they who live there
What kind of lives did they choose to lead?
If you want their lives in front of you bare,
Then I’ve got some poems you should read.
Timothy Venard's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ((A poem of my island) 1- My island (intro) by Timothy Venard )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- LEARNING FROM EXPERIENCE 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- HUMBLE WISHES 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- LIES VS. TRUTH 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- REJOICE 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- Against My Will, Emmanuel George Cefai
- MONEY 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- Sitting on the desk, Emmanuel George Cefai
- As in a dream, Emmanuel George Cefai
- EDUCATION 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- The night is heavy, Emmanuel George Cefai