Do it yourself
Day in and day out
I work hard to keep you happy
and off my aching back for once
It never seems to work.
You say you never asked,
yet if I didn't, you'd be angry,
at me, so therefore it's assumed.
I do and I do and I work and I work.
Day in and day out, nothing but try.
No thank you or appreciation,
just screams, and discontent.
Another sharp pain
into my overworked back.
Why can't you ever be happy?
I try so hard, and for nothing!
But it never seems to work
and you're sitting back
while I'm hurting.
Nothing is ever fine with you
everything is complicated
If you're not happy with
my progress and work
well guess what?
Do it yourself and leave me be.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Do it yourself by Jacqueline Dougherty )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 January 1887 – 20 January 1962)
- Jennifer Gordon
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1886 - 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Don't Go Far Off, Pablo Neruda
- Black Riders Came From the Sea, Stephen Crane
Poem of the Day
- I Want A Foreigner Girl For Me, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Blackberries / Briars, Frank Avon
- Daru Pikar Naya Varsha Shuru Karne Ka Er.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- It Is Time, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Mother's Love, Father's Love, Sister's L.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- 52, Frank Avon
- Treasure, M.J. Lemon
- For A Friend... (Prose) ..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Thank you Poets!, Paul Sebastian
- One Mourning In The August of '17, Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR