Do Not Bid Adieu: An English Ghazal
Life's too short to forget, do not bid adieu!
You won't either, let me bet, do not bid adieu!
Tears dry up, memories don't, its a dictum true
c'mmon beloved, we've hardly met, do not bid adieu!
Life won't be life am sure - a void without you:
imagine the pain that I will get, do not bid adieu!
Beautiful flowers, clear skies, buds arising new:
the stage of life has just been set, do not bid adieu!
It's morning, the stars go down, into horizons blue
my pillow covers are still all wet, do not bid adieu!
If you agree, in English, I'll say a ghazal for you:
strict criteria may not be met, do not bid adieu!
Mratunjay Saxena's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Do Not Bid Adieu: An English Ghazal by Mratunjay Saxena )
- Is any other God equal to Thillai Sabapa.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- World Of Our Own, Adewale Ajakanri
- Metaphor of life, SALINI NAIR
- The flouted wealth, Alem Hailu Gabre Kristos
- Another Day Ends, Damian Murphy
- Energetic Nature, Aftab Alam
- مختارات, سي محند
- Sun and Distance, Beyza Dut
- يا ساكن القبر, سي محند
- في الزمان القديم, سي محند
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Sunday Morning, Louis Macneice
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Morning, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)