john chizoba vincent
DO YOU KNOW ME?
I am he who threw the cat down
and its back touches the ground with fears.
He who unmasked the masquerade in the market place
and its went in to hiding.
I have fought with the wind and won,
I have been to the forest and killed
Thousands but one lion and the elephant left
Their domain weeping.
Do you know who i am?
I am john chizoba Vincent
The social crusader who fear no one.
I can look the sun in the face
And send him back to his mother.
I weep when no one is weeping
I smile and laugh when no one laughs.
I am john chizoba Vincent,
An image of a new Nigeria
Born in the house of symbols.
I can stand tall look death in the face and
He runs back for freedom.
I am john chizoba vincent
An image of change to a better atmosphere.
john chizoba vincent's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (DO YOU KNOW ME? by john chizoba vincent )
- Naughty Two 14, Framarz Bagheri
- Waiting For My Friend, Tony Adah
- With plan, hasmukh amathalal
- rotating, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- I Wait for Thee, Adam M. Snow
- With dignity, hasmukh amathalal
- Aurat, Bano Ali
- Change The Inevitable, Tony Adah
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.57, Mr. Nobody
- Long before my birth (cavatina), Gert Strydom
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)