john chizoba vincent
DO YOU KNOW ME?
I am he who threw the cat down
and its back touches the ground with fears.
He who unmasked the masquerade in the market place
and its went in to hiding.
I have fought with the wind and won,
I have been to the forest and killed
Thousands but one lion and the elephant left
Their domain weeping.
Do you know who i am?
I am john chizoba Vincent
The social crusader who fear no one.
I can look the sun in the face
And send him back to his mother.
I weep when no one is weeping
I smile and laugh when no one laughs.
I am john chizoba Vincent,
An image of a new Nigeria
Born in the house of symbols.
I can stand tall look death in the face and
He runs back for freedom.
I am john chizoba vincent
An image of change to a better atmosphere.
john chizoba vincent's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (DO YOU KNOW ME? by john chizoba vincent )
(12 May 1812 – 29 January 1888)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1644 - 1694)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(January 6, 1883 – April 10, 1931)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Dante Gabriel Rossetti
(12 May 1828 – 9 April 1882)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- A Little While, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Tiger, William Blake
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- Beyond, Fabrizio Frosini
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
Poem of the Day
- Textology - 2. Exclamations, Joseph Archer
- Si boru puas si boru Bakkara, molu dung .., Mapung Madura
- I Wore The Fox, Naveed Akram
- Clearing the void, Phil's Writings
- The Treacherous Bride, Asaolu Abayomi
- Them, Tanja Henderson
- It is time for me to go home, Leong Ming Loong
- Forsaken For Your Sake, Asma Riaz Khan
- Textology - 1. Conditionals, Joseph Archer
- WHAT FOR?, Terry Collett