john chizoba vincent
DO YOU KNOW ME?
I am he who threw the cat down
and its back touches the ground with fears.
He who unmasked the masquerade in the market place
and its went in to hiding.
I have fought with the wind and won,
I have been to the forest and killed
Thousands but one lion and the elephant left
Their domain weeping.
Do you know who i am?
I am john chizoba Vincent
The social crusader who fear no one.
I can look the sun in the face
And send him back to his mother.
I weep when no one is weeping
I smile and laugh when no one laughs.
I am john chizoba Vincent,
An image of a new Nigeria
Born in the house of symbols.
I can stand tall look death in the face and
He runs back for freedom.
I am john chizoba vincent
An image of change to a better atmosphere.
john chizoba vincent's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (DO YOU KNOW ME? by john chizoba vincent )
- Fabus Indulcet Fames, michael walkerjohn
- One Not, But Three Bibis, Veiled Wives, .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Alive In S'November To Remember - The Ta.., Joe Muschaweck
- Each Day With You KP, Michael McParland
- थिरिँ बिरिँ x6, Ronjoy Brahma
- debauched, Frank Weedings
- The Doubter and the Doubt , Ananta Madhavan
- A, Vera Sidhwa
- What is your name?, Aftab Alam
- Heaven, Hell, or the Highway, David Lewis Paget
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- ا ق ب ا ل .., shahnawazz zaidi
- Fine Days, Orhan Veli Kanik
- When I Have Fears, John Keats
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1644 - 1694)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)