john chizoba vincent
DO YOU KNOW ME?
I am he who threw the cat down
and its back touches the ground with fears.
He who unmasked the masquerade in the market place
and its went in to hiding.
I have fought with the wind and won,
I have been to the forest and killed
Thousands but one lion and the elephant left
Their domain weeping.
Do you know who i am?
I am john chizoba Vincent
The social crusader who fear no one.
I can look the sun in the face
And send him back to his mother.
I weep when no one is weeping
I smile and laugh when no one laughs.
I am john chizoba Vincent,
An image of a new Nigeria
Born in the house of symbols.
I can stand tall look death in the face and
He runs back for freedom.
I am john chizoba vincent
An image of change to a better atmosphere.
john chizoba vincent's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (DO YOU KNOW ME? by john chizoba vincent )
- Awakening, Dipankar Sadhukhan
- Ours, Neela Nath
- Abstinence, Angela K Brown
- It Makes You Sad, mary douglas
- Let light be, hasmukh amathalal
- People of the Fourth World, Dipankar Sadhukhan
- Rising Evil, SREEJITH KULAPARAMBIL
- Orphan, Dipankar Sadhukhan
- Verbum Caro, Translation of Pierre Emman.., T (no first name) Wignesan
- ''Heartbeat'', Patricia Grantham
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(15 April 1958)