Does It Matter?
Does it matter? -losing your legs?
For people will always be kind,
And you need not show that you mind
When others come in after hunting
To gobble their muffins and eggs.
Does it matter? -losing you sight?
There’s such splendid work for the blind;
And people will always be kind,
As you sit on the terrace remembering
And turning your face to the light.
Do they matter-those dreams in the pit?
You can drink and forget and be glad,
And people won't say that you’re mad;
For they know that you've fought for your country,
And no one will worry a bit.
Siegfried Sassoon's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Does It Matter? by Siegfried Sassoon )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Mental Health...., Manny Furious
- A lunch hour in late May...., Manny Furious
- To Readers, if Any, Sandra Feldman
- Our Love Coexistent, Aayush Pandey
- A Feeling, joe foster
- bleery eyes, Bull Hawking
- Undeniably Love, Minerva Montecalvo
- ओझेल, Aayush Pandey
- Sick, joe foster
- If only truth was Simple, Bull Hawking