Fyodor Ivanovich Tyutchev
Don't say he loves me as before...
Don't say he loves me as before,
That, as before, he treasures me...
no! He callously destroys my life,
Although I see the knife shake in his hand.
In anger, weeping, yearning, indignation,
Obsessed and wounded in my soul,
I have no life - I struggle...for him alone I live -
But what a life!.. O, what a bitter life it is!
How stingily he measures out the air for me...
Less generous than to a mortal foe...
Oh, drawing breath is difficult and painful,
I can still breathe, but I can live no more.
Fyodor Ivanovich Tyutchev's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Don't say he loves me as before... by Fyodor Ivanovich Tyutchev )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- NIGERIA OF MY DREAM 8, john chizoba vincent
- The Aardvark, George Hunter
- Children of the Night, Maverick Jones
- PESSIMISM VERSUS OPTIMISM التشاؤم ضد الت.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- NIGERIA OF MY DREAM 7, john chizoba vincent
- The tin box, Sagarika Julka
- Strong Woman, Lilly Emery
- Am I doing fine?, Sagarika Julka
- The Willow Tree, Lara A. Aqrawi
- Not Slowing Down, Maverick Jones