Don't trust my eyes
Should I compare you to a
No, I would walk you to Sahara
and there let you stay
Does your kisses bright up
my days anymore?
Those days are over,
and belongs in a lore
Should you call me
ever so late at night?
If you do that again,
I'll give you a fright!
All I'm trying to say is
I no longer love you
But don't trust my eyes,
They'll tell you it's not true.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Don't trust my eyes by Iselin Steinsto )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye