There's millions of thoughts running through my mind.
Never knowing if the dreams are real or if reality is a dream.
I'm so lost within my mind wondering through the memories of my past. Trying to push them behind but being caught by a thread.
A thread so little it could break in seconds
but still able to hold me back & drown me in my own sorrow of fate, changing my perspective on right & wrong. Seeing the world as hell instead of home.
Suffocating in fear of the future,
I try to imagine a place to hold on to, look forward to.
anything to keep me alive.
Pulling myself out of the ditch..
I'm kicked back down,
& shoved deeper & deeper until the surface is just a tiny dot of hope disappearing into the darkness laughing at my pain & feeding on my fears
Killing any bit of hope left within me, tired & sore I finally give up &
lie back down to dream of a better tomorrow.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dreaming by Katlan Hatton )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Anger, Savita Tyagi
- Random Thought lll, Savita Tyagi
- Freedom, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Not Another Chance, Aanuoluwa Adebanjo
- Wedding Ring, Saiom Shriver
- Psalm 069, Forrest Hainline
- AN UMBRELLA مظلة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- ZZ Companies Using Sugar Burn Animals Al.., Saiom Shriver
- starry smile, Eva Tortora
- lit up ocean, Eva Tortora