There's millions of thoughts running through my mind.
Never knowing if the dreams are real or if reality is a dream.
I'm so lost within my mind wondering through the memories of my past. Trying to push them behind but being caught by a thread.
A thread so little it could break in seconds
but still able to hold me back & drown me in my own sorrow of fate, changing my perspective on right & wrong. Seeing the world as hell instead of home.
Suffocating in fear of the future,
I try to imagine a place to hold on to, look forward to.
anything to keep me alive.
Pulling myself out of the ditch..
I'm kicked back down,
& shoved deeper & deeper until the surface is just a tiny dot of hope disappearing into the darkness laughing at my pain & feeding on my fears
Killing any bit of hope left within me, tired & sore I finally give up &
lie back down to dream of a better tomorrow.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dreaming by Katlan Hatton )
- Alone Together, Amber Carr
- টিপ্পনী, Pijush Biswas
- You Put The 'Fan' In Fantastic, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Heartache, Liendang Hmar
- Paper Wing, Liendang Hmar
- Like a Candle In The Wind, Liendang Hmar
- Story Line, A.R Evangelista
- Make a living but fail not to live, Bashyam Narayanan
- The Price I Pay, James George
- Not alone, Cheryl .J Barclay
Poem of the Day
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- " To His Fairest Valentine Mrs. A. L., Richard Lovelace
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- First Inspiration, Jose Rizal
- TAGALOG ELEGY: Sining sa Halip na Dasal, Sonny San Juan, Jr.
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Lydia Howard Huntley Sigourney
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1644 - 1694)