Dreams fulfilled don't thrill
My father dreamt to become a doctor
and wished to be heart specialist later.
His ambition lead him to study well
me too ‘become a doctor' he used to tell.
He wanted to serve more and more
charged less fee and became popular.
And sought that with more expertise
and fame I would become a doctor.
I always wished to have lavish life
but faced all time paucity of money.
Somehow became a doctor, earned lot
consequently gathered all the luxury.
When patients admire other doctors
in front of me, I feel myself envied.
Now I don't want money and luxury
wish to be a doctor getting admired.
I did not continue my studies further
so the expertise, could not develop.
Departing from luxury, crave for fame
but majority time I have already lost
S.D. TIWARI's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dreams fulfilled don't thrill by S.D. TIWARI )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Sigh Not for Love, Helen Hay Whitney
- A Woman's Pride, Helen Hay Whitney
- The gift of sight, Laxman Rao
- For some time, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Love's Kiss, Helen Hay Whitney
- Was There Another Spring, Helen Hay Whitney
- To Diane, Helen Hay Whitney
- An Aye Aye Dreams of being a Woodpecker, Stephen Katona
- Of One Thing, Edward Kofi Louis
- Instagram'd, Michael Mira