Dreams fulfilled don't thrill
My father dreamt to become a doctor
and wished to be heart specialist later.
His ambition lead him to study well
me too ‘become a doctor' he used to tell.
He wanted to serve more and more
charged less fee and became popular.
And sought that with more expertise
and fame I would become a doctor.
I always wished to have lavish life
but faced all time paucity of money.
Somehow became a doctor, earned lot
consequently gathered all the luxury.
When patients admire other doctors
in front of me, I feel myself envied.
Now I don't want money and luxury
wish to be a doctor getting admired.
I did not continue my studies further
so the expertise, could not develop.
Departing from luxury, crave for fame
but majority time I have already lost
S.D. TIWARI's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dreams fulfilled don't thrill by S.D. TIWARI )
- And then there were none, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- The Upstairs Witch, David Lewis Paget
- Breeze of love, SALINI NAIR
- Mt. Eden, Frank Avon
- I am in love with you, ambitious blessing
- Figurines, Mike Acker
- A Hot Summers Day, David Harris
- Prohibited passions, Luca Menin
- When Life Turns Topsyturvy, Toshie Nohara
- Oneiros, Don Prem Legaspi
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)