Dreams fulfilled don't thrill
My father dreamt to become a doctor
and wished to be heart specialist later.
His ambition lead him to study well
me too ‘become a doctor' he used to tell.
He wanted to serve more and more
charged less fee and became popular.
And sought that with more expertise
and fame I would become a doctor.
I always wished to have lavish life
but faced all time paucity of money.
Somehow became a doctor, earned lot
consequently gathered all the luxury.
When patients admire other doctors
in front of me, I feel myself envied.
Now I don't want money and luxury
wish to be a doctor getting admired.
I did not continue my studies further
so the expertise, could not develop.
Departing from luxury, crave for fame
but majority time I have already lost
S.D. TIWARI's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dreams fulfilled don't thrill by S.D. TIWARI )
- no blue/no green, delilah contrapunctal.... ye ..
- leave, Vanessa Parodia
- Two Books For Each Person, Is It Poetry
- Moment, Vanessa Parodia
- The Broken Heart, kashif khan
- The Posture Of Consciousness, Maharishi Deja Vu
- Cloudy eyes, Nassy Fesharaki
- Ill luck, hasmukh amathalal
- The Peasant, kashif khan
- Insanity Of Control, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
George Gordon Byron
(22 January 1788 – 19 April 1824)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)