One little beer can be alright,
One big black beer, or maybe a lite.
Two beers down you begin to glow,
And you'll be singing, before you know.
Three beers in your stomach, and thats ok,
Cause to your own bed you still know the way.
Four empty bottles and you'll agree,
It's getting harder and harder to see.
Five beers down and you start to sway,
But on that stool you want to stay.
Six beers down the hatch, so easily,
And there's no other place, you'd rather to be.
After that, you're a lost cause,
You need to breathe, just take a pause,
That girl that looked so good last night,
Has a five o'clock shadow, in the morning light.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Drinking Beer by Juan Olivarez )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Brel2, David McLansky
- Untouched, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Being Enriched, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- If we meet again, Mellinda Aimee Jajalla
- Wondering How To Find Conclusions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- My Luna ii, binod bastola
- Killings! Killings!, Udaya R. Tennakoon
- Long ago and far away., richard harris
- in memory of my first and last love, LUZAAN de Bruyn
- A Pair Of Messy Birds (Fun Poem 158), David Harris