Lawrence S. Pertillar
Isn't it duplicitous,
To duplicated duplicity?
Run that by me one more time.
What is being duplicitous? '
But what duplification is duplicitous,
To qualify as being a duplicity?
You leave me stupefied.'
That's on you.
I'm not the one to introduce,
A stupefying of a stupefication.
Although I will admit,
The act of it can be duplicitous...
If stupidity was the topic.
But it isn't.
'Then what is? '
A duplification of one who is duplicitous.
'But who or what is being duplicitous? '
Anything that dupicates duplicity.
Your being stupefied complicates the issue.
'Do 'us' a favor! '
'Take your duplicity somewhere else,
To be duplicitous.
And I'll be okay with you leaving me stupefied.'
I will not be offended.
The doing is as sure as done.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Duplicitous by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Needs, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Buffaloman Too A Chief Minister In B.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Purpose, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sitting In The Time's House, Bijay Kant Dubey
- I Was Nearly Canonized Recently, Monk E. Biz
- Burquawalli, May I Ask, Why Is Saudi Ara.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Friend 3, Neela Nath
- Chicken dance, gajanan mishra
- Being, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- After Love's Partition, Velvet Boots