Lawrence S. Pertillar
Duplication Of A Dream One Wishes
Beauty can be depicted,
To become one's replica...
Of a perception of it.
Whether on canvas or in magazines.
3D movies and on smaller screens.
Even in pageant shows,
With beauty depicted row after row...
Of replicas posing,
Hoping to reflect an acceptance of it.
To come close but not a clone.
And beauty represented for what it is,
Can never be duplicated!
Not as much as it can be appreciated,
When first and only seen.
Dolls are manufactured in factories,
To assemble for the purposes of just that.
A duplication of a dream one wishes,
To fulfill as fantasized...
As an image sought one seeks to re-create,
To be perceived as the real thing.
Like a snowflake when under microscope,
But not quite as closely scoped,
To examine as being unique 'and' original.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Duplication Of A Dream One Wishes by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Feel sorry, gajanan mishra
- Marmalade Mountains…, Mark Heathcote
- O Policeman, Beat You Not The The Other .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Raincoat, Kyle Schlicher
- Running Through The Cornfield, Kyle Schlicher
- I Cut Out The Words For This Poem, Kyle Schlicher
- HAPPINESS IS THE GREATTEST PLEASURE السع.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Don't be selfish, gajanan mishra
- OTHER POETS, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Overflowing (HAIKU), Shqipe Prence