DWD ONE WAY OR THE OTHER... AUG 22ND,2013
DWD has caused only silence from our prime minister,
For such an important subject; I find this a little sinister,
As if this is not important so please just go away,
Sorry prime minister but death-with-dignity is here to stay.
Should we show more respect to the prime minister’s appointees?
The same aristocrats who gave us Mulroney’s GST,
Are senators too high on the social ladder to be charged?
But their honourable legal titles and egos are quite large.
They say that Pauline in Quebec will have death-with-dignity soon,
That’s ironic and without a referendum on any afternoon,
Could we go to Quebec, and get it, if they get it before us?
Please tell Pauline to write us in, and don’t cause a legal fuss,
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (DWD ONE WAY OR THE OTHER... AUG 22ND,2013 by James Bredin )
- The Real Me, Margaret Alice Second
- kiss me hardy, george albot
- When Will I Wake, Anirudh Rawat
- Silencio en ingles, Donnie Wolff
- Our Lewd Obscene and Vulgar Episodes, Hamid Vitalis
- Life, Anirudh Rawat
- If You Stop Loving Me, Fatima Nusairat
- Rain And The Shadows, Anirudh Rawat
- Beautiful Girl, Anirudh Rawat
- Someday, Ryan Telebwe
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)