DWD ONE WAY OR THE OTHER... AUG 22ND,2013
DWD has caused only silence from our prime minister,
For such an important subject; I find this a little sinister,
As if this is not important so please just go away,
Sorry prime minister but death-with-dignity is here to stay.
Should we show more respect to the prime minister’s appointees?
The same aristocrats who gave us Mulroney’s GST,
Are senators too high on the social ladder to be charged?
But their honourable legal titles and egos are quite large.
They say that Pauline in Quebec will have death-with-dignity soon,
That’s ironic and without a referendum on any afternoon,
Could we go to Quebec, and get it, if they get it before us?
Please tell Pauline to write us in, and don’t cause a legal fuss,
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (DWD ONE WAY OR THE OTHER... AUG 22ND,2013 by James Bredin )
- Where You Are Planted, Evie Shockley
- We are not in favor of, gajanan mishra
- Afterward, Lawrence Beck
- Fourth's Corner, michael walkerjohn
- O stop, little, lovely rose, Saheb Mohapatra
- Diwali for the dead, Saheb Mohapatra
- DIWALI (Never have I seen.....), Saheb Mohapatra
- Waiting On The Mayflower, Evie Shockley
- All the time, Cee Bea
- Friend in the Desert, michael walkerjohn
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1886 - 1967)