Dying will not be felt.
Species have met extinction.
Languages have met extinction.
Religions have met extinction.
So have civilizations.
Arts and literature went extinct.
Monarchs and dynasties met it.
Temples and monuments went extinct.
So did even many landscapes.
Man too belongs to a species.
He feels he is safe for ever
Like other species extinct did
Or the endangered species feel.
Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dying will not be felt. by Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar. )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- रंजानाय फैगौ, Ronjoy Brahma
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
Poem of the Day
- It, Gilbert Ortega
- The Approach, Gilbert Ortega
- Mona Lisa Canvas, Gilbert Ortega
- Passion Play, Gilbert Ortega
- The Gatekeeper part 2 (In memory of Edga.., Gilbert Ortega
- AGAINST FORGETTING, George Dee Vuy
- The Gatekeeper part 1 (In memory of Edga.., Gilbert Ortega
- For Jennifer, Gilbert Ortega
- Gilded Thorns, Gilbert Ortega
- Journey of death, ramesh rai