There are golds
There are silvers
There are bronze
There are platinums
In this crazy world
But they come and go.
Soldiers come and go Barrack stays in place Friends come and go And the memories they leave soon fade away
The sun always rise
And also settles
But let it never take you by surprise
When it shines its medal.
Money flies around
And the rich catches them
Lizards faff around
And birds take them away
The cock crows every morning
Plants grow by the sea
Birds sing their loudest during the rainy days
So exciting like they're wishing you a happy birthday.
Violence happens time after time
And goes like it comes
Peace is winnable
But suddenly becomes elusive like smokes in the air.
Competitions honour the best
And give accolades to the rest
It's not the strongest that always emerge the winner
Nor the most starved that always show up first for dinner.
The world is moving
And time is not waiting
The day keeps breaking
Even so, we're aging.
We move into brighter future
Leaving behind memories
The word 'dynamic' defines our culture
The mystery ingredient in the recipe of our stories.
Our friends today
Soon become strangers
And our enemies today
Soon become our friends.
We never know
What the future holds
We only set goals
And try to reach them.
Babies are born as people die
People win as others fail
People laugh as others cry-
Changing phases; on different faces.
We can either live or die
Laugh or cry
Or, run or fly;
In this dynamic world.
Freewill Amon's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dynamic World by Freewill Amon )
- The Saffron Drape, Aftab Alam
- My birthday song, Tinashe Mupedzapasi
- Highway of Holiness, Terrance Tracy
- Hey Big Guy, My Kindred Soul, Noah Body
- COPLA 112 RESOLUTION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- is happening the Is, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- What you will get, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The basic ideas Turned, Emmanuel George Cefai
- He feigned, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The echoes plained, Emmanuel George Cefai
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(20 September 1902 – 7 March 1971)
(1886 - 1967)
(23 July 1823 - 26 November 1896)
(26 November 1731 – 25 April 1800)