There are golds
There are silvers
There are bronze
There are platinums
In this crazy world
But they come and go.
Soldiers come and go Barrack stays in place Friends come and go And the memories they leave soon fade away
The sun always rise
And also settles
But let it never take you by surprise
When it shines its medal.
Money flies around
And the rich catches them
Lizards faff around
And birds take them away
The cock crows every morning
Plants grow by the sea
Birds sing their loudest during the rainy days
So exciting like they're wishing you a happy birthday.
Violence happens time after time
And goes like it comes
Peace is winnable
But suddenly becomes elusive like smokes in the air.
Competitions honour the best
And give accolades to the rest
It's not the strongest that always emerge the winner
Nor the most starved that always show up first for dinner.
The world is moving
And time is not waiting
The day keeps breaking
Even so, we're aging.
We move into brighter future
Leaving behind memories
The word 'dynamic' defines our culture
The mystery ingredient in the recipe of our stories.
Our friends today
Soon become strangers
And our enemies today
Soon become our friends.
We never know
What the future holds
We only set goals
And try to reach them.
Babies are born as people die
People win as others fail
People laugh as others cry-
Changing phases; on different faces.
We can either live or die
Laugh or cry
Or, run or fly;
In this dynamic world.
Freewill Amon's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dynamic World by Freewill Amon )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
Oliver Wendell Holmes
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Knew a Woman, Theodore Roethke
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- A Little While, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
Poem of the Day
- My Sunprincess, Neela Nath
- Colorful Dots-2, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- You, Joseph Archer
- दुखुनि मोदै हुगारनानै, Ronjoy Brahma
- Colorful Dots-1, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Be The Candle, Neela Nath
- A Very Simple Song, Joseph Archer
- Yule Log, GRANT FRASER
- Necromancy, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Song For A Fisherman, Joseph Archer