Lawrence S. Pertillar
A success obtained,
With intentions to share with others.
Is a success undenied.
This kind of success is not implied,
By those who benefit.
And multiplies to see it thrive.
A success hoarded to manipulate,
With a selfishness one prides.
Is a success that suppresses.
With a digressing of those who oppress.
To leave an effective depression to digest.
That certainly does not impress those affected.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Effective Depression by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(01 January 1950)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Love, Sarah Flower Adams
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I am mad with Love, Mirabai
- Best Friend (In Hindi), Tavneet Singh
- Swachh Bharat, Swasth Bharat (Bharathiya), Dr John Celes
Poem of the Day
- When your Birthday Falls on Christmas..., Dr John Celes
- Me, Myself, Tex T Sarnie
- For to Be A Poetess, I Left My Husband, .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- बैसागु, Ronjoy Brahma
- Chassis, Alice Cordy
- My Time On The Mountain, Orlando Belo
- A Degree of Intensity, Daniel Brick
- Oh, This Age of Self-propaganda And Publ.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- हारिनि इयुना जोँनि आखायावनो, Ronjoy Brahma
- The Honey Bee, Paul Sebastian