Effort To Live For God
As one would run for exercise, there is a race in order to be wise,
Not wisdom unto worldly ways, but, Godly Wisdom to His praise.
Effort on our part, we must expend, for Godliness to be our end,
As we set forth into this race, through The Spirit, by God’s Grace.
When we do run this race for Him, we run for God, in order to win,
Running the race with all our heart; longing to win right at the start.
And in The Lord we must submit, if we’re to become spiritually fit,
This as we resist the devil and flee, to pursue The God of Eternity.
We must also put off the old man, to live new life, per God’s Plan,
Replacing our old habits of sin, with Godly behavior found in Him,
As we wrestle in the Ways of God, we’ll be lead by Staff and Rod,
While learning to live a Godly life, to be a witness for Jesus Christ.
As we fix our minds and eyes, upon Christ and the Heavenly prize,
Bring to Him every captive thought, Godly thinking will be wrought.
Running this race, you rest in God, while still upon this earthly sod,
Practicing all the things we heard, as we read and live God’s Word.
We depend on our Savior above, while God guides us in His Love,
Devoted to our Lord every day, as we walk along life’s narrow way,
And humble obedience is our call, to live for Christ, who is over all,
Worshiping daily, we truly praise, Christ, who helps us all our days.
Bob Gotti's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Effort To Live For God by Bob Gotti )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(2 February 1882 – 13 January 1941)
(31 March 1934 – 31 May 2009)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(January 30, 1935 – September 14, 1984)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Best Friend (In Hindi), Tavneet Singh
- Small-scale Reflections On A Great House, Ramesh Iyengar
- The Shoelace, Charles Bukowski
Poem of the Day
- The way, Sergio Jaime
- Behind Closed Doors Once Again, Electric Lady
- Toronto, J.S. Campbell
- Unread Lines of My Existence, Sierra Staten
- The Guilt Trip, David Lewis Paget
- Ambrosia, Gaby Bernier
- Music is the bliss., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Live while you live., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Man dangles without woman., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Religion is a recreation., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.