His voice cracks in the thunder’s peal
My ego failed me in life’s each deal
Never did see what the other saw
Too blind to notice my own flaw!
In the candlelight his face wears a gloom
Two tremulous shadows darken the room
Forever I felt the world is for me
My viewpoints matter only!
Like a deluge pours the thunderous rain
In deafening din rattling windowpane
Focused only me only tried to get
Grope in void now when egos abate!
Flickers a grave loss in his dulled eyes
Unshackled from self its obdurate disguise
Over the ruins of ego is born in me the belief
The reward is not in the getting but lies in all our give!
Pradip Chattopadhyay's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Ego by Pradip Chattopadhyay )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Just For the Record, Joyce Sutphen
- lonely wanderer, The lonely wanderer
- The day my angel died, whole world cried, The lonely wanderer
- the day I get to call you mine, The lonely wanderer
- No goal, hasmukh amathalal
- gud bye my love, The lonely wanderer
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ- 77, Ronjoy Brahma
- Ordinary Goddess, GRANT FRASER
- u and I are never alike, The lonely wanderer
- Truth and non-violence, gajanan mishra