A sequestered Sphinx
is just compacted silica
and yet here sobriety serenades
Shove a parasol in
and you have a mighty cocktail.
What follows? A saga
of burgers, bad teeth
and a botched heist.
You've got the gist of it now.
Heavy eyelids like Suns
carried on the heads of the immortals.
Alexander Hawkins's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Giza Geezer by Alexander Hawkins )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Chaotic Dance, Saiom Shriver
- Carousel of Marriage, Donal Mahoney
- I Am Waiting For Thee, Kate Harrington
- Oh My God, Ronjoy Brahma
- Shark, Gwen Green
- Waving Fronds, Saiom Shriver
- Seasons Of The Seas, Saiom Shriver
- Greeting To The Sir Knights, Kate Harrington
- Love-Hope, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- She Dances, Andy Caldwell