I wake up screaming, I see him in my dreams
I can't breathe, he seems so real to me.
He lost my hand, I lost my heart.
Time ticks by but I still weep,
Holding on to what I see,
From the pictures of him and me.
Tears stream down my face, as the lies are told,
Not wanting to see my worse fears unfold.
No matter what, he is never here.
I run and hide, in a place in my memory
To find peace with him again.
He was there when no one was,
He understood when no one did,
He loved when everyone hated.
I will never forget how much he meant to me.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Elegy by Ashley Davis )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Weep No More, My Willow Tree!, Maria Magdalena Biela
- ebola virus, ademola oluwabusayo
- The Mirror of your life... can you face .., Dimitri Jagodinski
- Honour-killing Is A Sin/ Just For Family.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Love story, gajanan mishra
- My Prabhu! .....(Inspiration from KEE Th.., Geetha Jayakumar
- Arguendo, Michael Mullings
- Poem: Spiritual Upgrade, Joseph James Breunig 3rd
- I Believe, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Peace - a means, gajanan mishra