I wake up screaming, I see him in my dreams
I can't breathe, he seems so real to me.
He lost my hand, I lost my heart.
Time ticks by but I still weep,
Holding on to what I see,
From the pictures of him and me.
Tears stream down my face, as the lies are told,
Not wanting to see my worse fears unfold.
No matter what, he is never here.
I run and hide, in a place in my memory
To find peace with him again.
He was there when no one was,
He understood when no one did,
He loved when everyone hated.
I will never forget how much he meant to me.
Ashley Davis's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Elegy by Ashley Davis )
- Stay That Way, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Veins, Vines, And Vineyard Sweepings, Dexsta Ray
- Once There Was Love, Guy Shaked
- Silent Aspirations, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- None But I Myself Am A Witness To Contem.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Need To Know, Michael McParland
- Tomorrow's Trails, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Errand Man, Tony Adah
- Thelo (2), Branden Aeling
- Playground, gajanan mishra