>Rarest of things, often small in number,
like Gold, Diamond, precious things, remember.
People, attracted towards it only for pleasure,
with greed for material, is beyond one's measure.
Amassing wealth beyond one's need,
Often grows that ego from the Devil's seed,
and that tree bears the fruits of sorrow,
once eaten your thoughts for good deeds do narrow.
Often People flock around you just for your money,
away they will go their way, when they find you don't have any,
The real wealth comes from the happiness you share,
from service to mankind, you'll find people who care.
Put all that abundance into good, noble deed,
soon you'll find peace, and thus departs your greed.
you will take a position of a happiness giver,
because you will be elevated in the minds of people forever.
Deepak Calyampoondi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Elevated... by Deepak Calyampoondi )
- 'We Live in Times of Deep Regrets', Elizabeth Padillo Olesen
- This is my life, this is only mine,, Aftab Alam
- The African Spirit, Gbolagade Taiwo
- For ones who Mock at my love, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Just When You Dont Know What To Say, Say.., OLUMIDE FAMILUSI
- This was the day when i died, surendra jakhar
- Postman, Naveed Khalid
- Nightmare, Naveed Khalid
- Snowdon, Naveed Khalid
- Right is Right, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan