Emotions swelled like Solway
Tides made cadence strange,
Caused us both to loose clutch
Over sane oars of tender passions! .
She has her stand, and
I have mine, Both clash often
In chase of a pacific landing.
It all started off when power went off,
With the humid air invading
The whole house like oozing haze,
Causing irritations sprout like mushrooms.
It all ended after a series
Of matured blather and tears
Consoled, rather pacified the scene,
But the early morning bird had
Her prayers still ON, though
We the ungrateful dived deep
Into soothing slumber.
Tajudeen Shah's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Solway, ref to Walter Scott's Lochinvar. 'Love swells like solway, but ebbs like its tide'.
Comments about this poem (Emotional Cadence. by Tajudeen Shah )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Abhangs (A Short Collection), Sant Tukaram
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Eldorado, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- কবিতাপল্লি, Hanzala Han
- Other Guys, Amber Carr
- I've Got Time, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- A Vultures Meal, Tiger Auntunette
- Nothing can break the focus., Sumita Jetley
- Ever So Cute, riya misi
- Unlock From Sockets, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- PRAY OUT YOUR PAST, Michael P. Johnson
- Christmas, Titiksa Dugar
- alphabet you two bucks you drive a truck, Mandolyn ...