Emotions swelled like Solway
Tides made cadence strange,
Caused us both to loose clutch
Over sane oars of tender passions! .
She has her stand, and
I have mine, Both clash often
In chase of a pacific landing.
It all started off when power went off,
With the humid air invading
The whole house like oozing haze,
Causing irritations sprout like mushrooms.
It all ended after a series
Of matured blather and tears
Consoled, rather pacified the scene,
But the early morning bird had
Her prayers still ON, though
We the ungrateful dived deep
Into soothing slumber.
Tajudeen Shah's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Solway, ref to Walter Scott's Lochinvar. 'Love swells like solway, but ebbs like its tide'.
Comments about this poem (Emotional Cadence. by Tajudeen Shah )
- REED NOTES (The Flute Player), Vinaya Joseph
- Madness, Amy Welch
- And Yet You Just Watch, Asma Riaz Khan
- _I've shot the poet, Yor Nella
- Death valley, sultan mahmud
- Under Wearmouth Bridge, Paul Gerard Reed
- Without Wanting..., Asma Riaz Khan
- Of Albert's Prayer, Adeosun Olamide
- Opera, Naveed Khalid
- Before the Big Bang, Harley White