Emotions swelled like Solway
Tides made cadence strange,
Caused us both to loose clutch
Over sane oars of tender passions! .
She has her stand, and
I have mine, Both clash often
In chase of a pacific landing.
It all started off when power went off,
With the humid air invading
The whole house like oozing haze,
Causing irritations sprout like mushrooms.
It all ended after a series
Of matured blather and tears
Consoled, rather pacified the scene,
But the early morning bird had
Her prayers still ON, though
We the ungrateful dived deep
Into soothing slumber.
Tajudeen Shah's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Solway, ref to Walter Scott's Lochinvar. 'Love swells like solway, but ebbs like its tide'.
Comments about this poem (Emotional Cadence. by Tajudeen Shah )
- Haiku- A coffin, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- ANGEL MY NIECE, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
- Magnetizer, Saiom Shriver
- ANDY AT STUDIO 205, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
- Lizzie Borden (Limerick), Dorian Petersen Potter
- ANDERSON'S HOME, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
- ALLS PEOPLE DAY, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
- ALIAS POEM, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
- AIRPORT INSPECTION, Suzanna Christina Chevalier
- Where Once Upon A Morn So Dreary, Noah Body
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(22 March 1941 -)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)