We were riding through frozen fields in a wagon at dawn.
A red wing rose in the darkness.
And suddenly a hare ran across the road.
One of us pointed to it with his hand.
That was long ago.Today neither of them is alive,
Not the hare, nor the man who made the gesture.
O my love, where are they, where are they going
The flash of a hand, streak of movement, rustle of pebbles.
I ask not out of sorrow, but in wonder.
Czeslaw Milosz's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Encounter by Czeslaw Milosz )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Selective basis, hasmukh amathalal
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -38, Ronjoy Brahma
- white paper, binod bastola
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -37, Ronjoy Brahma
- Rename the sun, gajanan mishra
- Hold color, hasmukh amathalal
- NATURE'S FRAGRANCE, Romeo Della Valle
- Evolution, Is It Poetry
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -36, Ronjoy Brahma
- Tomorrow, Tony Adah