They are incomprehensible, the things of this earth.
The lure of waters. The lure of fruits.
Lure of two breasts and the long hair of a maiden.
In rouge, in vermillion, in that color of ponds
Found only in the Green Lakes near Wilno.
An ungraspable multitudes swarm, come together
In the crinkles of tree bark, in the telescope's eye,
For an endless wedding,
For the kindling of eyes, for a sweet dance
In the elements of air, sea, earth, and subterranean caves,
So that for a short moment there is no death
And time does not unreel like a skein of yarn
Thrown into an abyss.
Czeslaw Milosz's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Earth Again by Czeslaw Milosz )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Another Shop On The Street With Mary Pop.., mary douglas
- Is All That Matters Then, Rohit Sapra
- Librarian, Nassy Fesharaki
- The Holy Book, Tony Adah
- Sugar free, Donnie Wolff
- I am ok as I am, Tim Holmes Jr
- Raindrops - Greek Version, Elia Michael
- Did Jesus Make Love?, Monk E. Biz
- Darkness and Light, Terrance Tracy
- OUT OF DAYS' BELLIES من بطون الايام, MOHAMMAD SKATI