Enlightening leaves of fragrant autumn.
One glorious morning I opened my eyes to see.
My room's window permitting in autumn's breeze.
Kicked off the quilt, jumped out of the bed.
To drink up the zealous day waiting ahead.
It's autumn, the season she loved the most.
It happened to serve our love like a host.
Though most of us see it for a guest.
It nurtured us but as we fluttered out of our nests.
We met in the garden on top of the hill.
Her name was Julian but I called her Jill.
Her pupils sparked as the color of enlightening leaves.
The wisdom they concealed, no mind can ever perceive.
I talked, she sang then we pranced to dance.
Cecelia sasanquas fragrance encompassed us in a trance.
Trees showered red leaves, many crunching under our feet.
The chiming music to my ear, her melodious laugh so sweet.
On the bench now I'm sitting under the same old tree.
Reciting stories of autumn to our little barbie.
She's her mirror image. An angelic reflection.
I see her catching butterflies. Eyes glistening with affection.
Jill rests in peace in the fragrant autumn among the enlightening leaves.
I smile at her memory blowing kisses to the child of our dreams.
Me and my daughter visit this garden every scented autumn.
She is her bud sprouting to flower, ready to blossom.
Even chirping birds confirm her comforting eternal existence.
Silent it seems but I feel Jill's presence to the degree of immense.
Ayesha Tulkubra's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Enlightening leaves of fragrant autumn. by Ayesha Tulkubra )
- HE touched and the life bloomed, Ruma Chaudhuri
- Different colors, hasmukh amathalal
- From my hearts core, Aftab Alam
- Racism, John Masaitis
- Flooding In Kaschmir, Leslie Philibert
- Wild mentality, hasmukh amathalal
- Like A River, Edward Kofi Louis
- National University, Edward Kofi Louis
- May We All Find What We're Looking For S.., Daniel Karbon
- Your love has made me wild and mad, Mazid S Kazi , INDIA
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- At Last She Comes, Robert Louis Stevenson
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)