Mary Jesusa Villegas
The country music is playing
cradles the chaos
in my sleep
An hour of solitude
who I am
in this old, dying jeep.
My fairy godmother's words
troubles me way down deep
But at least I found a way
to be discreet
Such a technique
saved me from my last trip.
Life is not meaningless
so as to stress yourself
God is everywhere to bless
those who are anxious and stressed.
So relax a bit and take a rest.
Pursue peace of mind first
In these unhealed wounds
I am my own nurse
Was it God-given ability?
I just found out lately
Despite the anxiety
It was overwhelmingly easy
just to be me.
-This poem was inspired by the author's turning points in every chapter of her life. Enlightenment- she's so fond of wisdom that she always brings a small notebook and pen everytime she's out. Who knows where she can hear the whisper of wisdom? The author believes wisdom can be found anywhere ‘despite the anxiety.'
Mary Jesusa Villegas's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Enlightenment by Mary Jesusa Villegas )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- *Heart...oh...Heart*, Arafat Driche
- 'Oh, Heart''Oh, Heart'..., Arafat Driche
- HearT! ? ...., Arafat Driche
- The Art of Praying, Dr John Celes
- Auto-Abuse, No Charge, not $7.11 @ 7-11 .., LUVinThe NOW
- we won't even have the circus, Mandolyn Davidson
- doing donuts in the mojave desert, Mandolyn Davidson
- 'Thank You Trees', Christina Sunrise
- gurudarsanam-indian thought, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Ok so my my girlfiend is a nymphpomaniac, cristobal Benjumea