Entire World, Be Awakened!
Why is the world silent about Syria?
Are we going into a New Age of Slaughtering?
Are we suppose to stay still?
Should we not be our brothers and sisters' keeper?
Should peace not be the answer to hope?
Should faith not be instrument of tolerance and justice?
Should care and respect not be the vehicle of love?
Should love not be from the settled spirit?
Then who is in love dare neglect kindness?
Lift up your voices oh people of faith;
Arise and call upon your leaders;
Tell them that you are watching their actions
Tell them the time for silence is gone.
May you become responsibile in your action
You are responsible to do something bigger
Than yourself today. Speak love; show it!
Peace and love to you all!
Winston Harding's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Entire World, Be Awakened! by Winston Harding )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(8 December 1943 -)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Busy man, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Where Love Falls, Kyle Schlicher
- You Are Like The Moon, Kyle Schlicher
- Saranè, Gianfranco Aurilio
- Sex Sonnet, Luis Estable
- Ripping A Seam, Saiom Shriver
- You Are My World, Gillu Rahul
- The Hype Is Gone, Tony Adah
- Bug Religion, Saiom Shriver
- A Gratitude to My Unseen Friends, Akhtar Jawad