the girl lived downstairs
the boy two floors above
through me exchanged letters
of immature hearts in love.
can we meet love for a minute?
handed to me his secret chit
why I came down the girl only knew
his letter brought her a blushing pink hue!
quickly on that same chit
she scribbled a hand girly sweet
I would die to meet you just once
but today there hardly is a chance
papa hasn't gone to office
through this letter I send you my kiss.
I, love's tender messenger
went up with her love letter
as he read it heaved a deep sigh
at home, goddamned, why?
slip out when he sleeps at three
we meet under the mahogany tree
please love do this much for me
I beg you some minutes only.
thus rhymed two hearts' dancing beat
the boy was too young to fathom it
nothing though he could understand
yet faithfully he ran their errand!
Pradip Chattopadhyay's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Errand by Pradip Chattopadhyay )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Did you read them?
- The echo you held as your own, Mark Heathcote
- Child eater, Nassy Fesharaki
- Small but, gajanan mishra
- Express shame, hasmukh amathalal
- JOEL OSTEEN MAILMAN FOR THE LORD!, Tom Zart
- Quotation #2, saint cynosure ( Ken Bennigh ..
- Stepping Into Promises, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- In Every Cell There Is A White Dove, mary douglas
- Child of the Supreme, gajanan mishra
- House Wanted: In A Dream, mary douglas