fly from the room
with tears streaming down my face.
I run away from the problem,
but still I can’t break free.
Every time I close my eyes,
every time a silence falls,
every time I turn my back,
I’m haunted by my thoughts.
They oscillate and cycle,
always bringing me to the same conclusion,
leaving me with the same questions,
looking for solutions
Over and over and over again,
constant nagging frustration,
lingering like a shadow
searching for a crack to burst the dam.
I just want an off switch,
an out route; an exit.
I want to get away,
but no matter what I do,
I can’t escape my thoughts.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (*Escape by Jane Meyer )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Palestine; We Let You Down, Guess Who
- Por-por Chha Gaya Basant, Upendra Singh
- The love song, binod bastola
- de tijd, ko the skipper
- A big thanks poem..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Not the One, Dean Meredith
- Bobwhite Calling, Kyle Schlicher
- Life, Death, Love! (Secret Message Poem), Ronald Chapman
- Bombs And Rain, Kyle Schlicher
- Prime Reasoning, F. J. Thomas