*If I Were to Tell Him, This is How I’d do it
“There’s something I want to tell you,
and I’ve been waiting to do it in person.
So I think I should say it now,
‘ case things between us should ever worsen.
Well, you see, I…
*sigh* I just don’t know where to start.
I guess first you should know,
you have a special place in my heart.
And not just as a friend,
‘cause, to me, you’re so much more!
I really thought it would be obvious,
always seemed my hiding was pretty poor.
You filled my every spare thought,
and even some I couldn’t spare.
And I remember every thing you’ve said,
though it isn’t written anywhere.
Whenever the phone would ring,
my heart would quicken its pace.
I would hope that it was you,
but knew it was disappointment I would face.
I’ve waited for months to hear your voice,
and for three years to look at you.
And I think now I the courage,
to finally say, I love you.”
Jane Meyer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (*If I Were to Tell Him, This is How I’d do it by Jane Meyer )
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Michael P. McParland
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(4 November 1771 – 30 April 1854)
- Mark Strand
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- A Universal Gift, Sandra Feldman
Poem of the Day
- Double Rainbow, Liilia Talts Morrison
- Infinite Love, Ifthekar Ifthi
- Christmas Tale, Gergana Teofilova
- None Sweeter, Michael P. McParland
- Not Yet Slept, Michael P. McParland
- No Other, Michael P. McParland
- Blue Hope, maryline vautravers
- No More Yelling, Michael P. McParland
- No Greater Love, Michael P. McParland
- Nightlife, Michael P. McParland