Life would be better if we cared about our environment,
Before we cared about a job, or starting our own retirement.
Our world once again could be another Garden of Eden
When the improvement of our living conditions would become our beacon.
We could all watch together the gibbosity of the moon,
As we sit on the grass under the stars in early June.
With the planting of the seeds and the cool favonian breeze;
We could figure out what GOD knows, from what man learns and sees.
We could breathe fresh air and watch every star at night,
As they burn in their beauty with hope that gives us light.
Clean water in our streams and lakes, would purify our souls,
While learning life and beauty of our earth, would be our goals.
Fresh fruits and vegetables for the world could be our salvation,
As Adam and Eve survived in the beginning, with Eden's creation.
If we could care for our environment as we would a sister or brother
We would all live as a family, realizing that earth too is our mother.
Randy L. McClave
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Euthenics by Randy McClave )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- Trees, Joyce Kilmer
- To A Mouse, Robert Burns
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- shadowsss, john tiong chunghoo
- shadow and dog, john tiong chunghoo
- bLinK unDer mErCuARy sKiEs - oNcE - Rea.., sEaN nOrTh
- dog, john tiong chunghoo
- After Us, Nikola Madzirov
- Embers in Ashes, Sadiqullah Khan
- Scanned, Sadiqullah Khan
- Lead me Home, Sadiqullah Khan
- While We Danced, Sadiqullah Khan
- SNIP THE SCRIPTINGS' MISBECOMING, Dexsta Ray