Even birds fall silent
Even birds fell silent
As soldiers’ coffins passed bye
The young and the old wiped a tear from their eye
Soldiers returning from a world they would save
Are our politicians as equally brave?
In Wooltan Basset the hearses drove past
The bugle played mournful as shadows were cast.
The sun disappeared behind clouds in the sky
Even the birds fell silent
As soldiers’ coffins passed bye.
Wojja Fink's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Even birds fall silent by Wojja Fink )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Graveyard, Dr PJ Raj Kamal
- Symphony of Discords By K.V.Suryanarayan.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Our Roads, Somanathan Iyer
- It's Not Just Rain, Daniel Skentelbery
- The Day After I Shouted Abuse at the Queen, Daniel Skentelbery
- Name-Calling, Diane Hine
- A pan fried fish…?, Mark Heathcote
- The Persecuted, Sandra Feldman
- wedding day, ademola oluwabusayo
- Dream the moon, Somanathan Iyer