Even birds fall silent
Even birds fell silent
As soldiers’ coffins passed bye
The young and the old wiped a tear from their eye
Soldiers returning from a world they would save
Are our politicians as equally brave?
In Wooltan Basset the hearses drove past
The bugle played mournful as shadows were cast.
The sun disappeared behind clouds in the sky
Even the birds fell silent
As soldiers’ coffins passed bye.
Wojja Fink's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Even birds fall silent by Wojja Fink )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- My Salvation, Ruma Chaudhuri
- Handsome Guys And Crocodiles, Margaret Alice Second
- Blue!, Ronald Chapman
- A Mistake, Morgan Michaels
- Cold Dreams, Ronald Chapman
- THE WAILING STRIP, Mohamed Yussuf
- Cold Days, Ronald Chapman
- Clouds, Ronald Chapman
- This Night, Neela Nath
- Chuseok Korean Thanksgiving Day (Regional), Ronald Chapman