Even though I am in this wnrld, I do not feel I belong.
Even though I am in this life,
I do not feel I have reached my full potential.
Even though I'm at peace, I have fears.
Even though I have responsibility, I am free.
Even though I'm in this body, I can't feel myself moving.
Even though I'm tall, I don't grow&
Even though I can love, I don't.
Even though I know what I have to do, I'm lost.
This world is a huge maze.
Life is going through and experiencing the challenges.
When you reach the finish point of this maze,
you have reached peace of the mind.
Shamal Akrayi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Even Though by Shamal Akrayi )
- Awake, Michael McParland
- Rescue the Poor Eves!, Dr John Celes
- Extend hand at once, hasmukh amathalal
- Memory, Benhardi Dicka
- Canoeing, Doyen Lingua
- Like child, hasmukh amathalal
- Her Saturday Ritual, Arno Le Roux
- Loving Across Seasons, Arno Le Roux
- I wish to be earthen lamp, Aftab Alam
- The Business Of Life, Arno Le Roux
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Bluebird, Charles Bukowski
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Bright Star, John Keats
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)