Joseph T. Renaldi
I long to see the evergreen tree,
Green and covered with needles free,
Thinking of Christmas approaching fast,
I cut and dragged the tree home at last.
Displaying the tree means Christmastime's start,
A yearly tradition to gladden each heart.
The children think of Santa Claus in the north,
While words of joy and good will are bursting forth.
The evergreen tree is a sparkling sight,
Adorned with lights and ornaments so bright,
Topped by an angel with wings of gold,
Creating much joy among the young and old.
The decorated evergreen tree will display
A beautiful sight every night and day,
Until the festivities of the Holy Season will end,
The tree will be stripped of its finery again.
May those you love appreciate Christmas dearly
To share your faith and traditions freely.
Let us never fail to remember this holy day,
Why we adorn and display evergreen trees anyway.
Joseph T. Renaldi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Evergreen Tree by Joseph T. Renaldi )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Undiminished, Maharishi Deja Vu
- Finish This List Of Chores, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Good circle, hasmukh amathalal
- Live with this moment, gajanan mishra
- The loss may be, hasmukh amathalal
- Stay free from desires, gajanan mishra
- G O P....Profiling - The Black Republican, James B. Earley
- Destroy not, gajanan mishra
- I Have Friends, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Leave It As That, Lawrence S. Pertillar