Eyes of the Sun
As I stand on the beach,
A beautiful girl stands next to me,
We walk down the beach,
Feeling the soft sand upon our feet.
We then walk upon the shore,
The water rushing against our feet,
And we walks hand-in-hand,
As the sun begins to set.
I look at the girl right next to me,
Knowing this this is a dream,
But it is reality,
In my subconscious at least.
But standing next to me,
Is a nymph of immense beauty,
Or an angel in the least,
And she was quite so beautiful,
She was looking right back at me.
Her smile then came upon her face,
Showing her bright white teeth,
And her cute, soft laughter came about,
As it was heard among the waves.
Her long blond hair
Was blowing in the wind,
And her beautiful smile
Remained upon her face.
Her beautiful blue eyes
Showed lots of energy,
They had the light of the sun,
Showing her jubilance.
And, at this, I could see her soul,
For she was a child at heart,
No one would hurt her,
When I was around,
For I was there to protect her.
Her smile then continued to show,
And she whispered something to me.
She whispered in my ear,
'I am happy to be with you.'
I looked at her bright gaze,
Which showed all her energy,
And I said to her silently,
'I am happy to be with you, too.'
Then we embraced for a long time,
And then I slowly let go,
I could not fail to remember,
The eyes of the sun.
I woke up from my dream,
As I began to realise,
But I still remember it,
From every day to now.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Eyes of the Sun by Justin Reamer )
- Is Suicide The Answer?, louis rams
- Special Meanings Spoken, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Best Thing, Gerry Legister
- Burn, Your Eyes, Josh Terpening
- In a Dark Dark Room on Halloween, Eve Carter
- Benefit Of Intellect, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Symbol Of Freedom, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Keeping Done A Decadence, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Writing Into Existence, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Reap & Sow, Angela K Brown
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)