Fair Is Not Always Fair
'That's a Stormtrooper there, but with ginger hair, '
I heard the kid say to the man.
'Is he really that white? ', the lad said in fright,
Questioning a complete lack of tan.
I knew just what he meant, for two weeks had I spent,
With the palest being in all of mankind,
In this holiday town, he made Casper look brown,
Himself to four-digit factor he'd confined.
See the moral here, is evidently clear,
If you're Irish, red-haired and fair,
Your skin just wasn't made, in the sun to be laid,
But they say Pluto's cheap once you're there.
Greg Costello's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Fair Is Not Always Fair by Greg Costello )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(January 6, 1883 – April 10, 1931)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
Poem of the Day
- Man in the Moon, Diana Landry Bardsly
- Indian English Poetry: A Study In Scatte.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- How to Think Like a Poet, Holly Wotherspoon
- The Dirty Old Man of India, Khushwant Si.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Came I to summer, Nero CaroZiv
- Under The Lantern Light I Used To Read, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Oh, never more!, Nero CaroZiv
- Da Monologue [From 'What The Sentinel Sa.., Joseph Archer
- Balances, Smoky Hoss
- Alone And Wretched, Muhammad Farhan Ahmed