Walking with God is not easy.
Like a horse, impatiently we rush forward
Or like a stubborn mule pull back.
The calm, steady gait
Of a man of faith.
We cannot wait.
Or often we are still waiting, even when
God wants us to walk
Forward into the sea by divine urging…
(But we would rather wait!)
Till God gives us a push!
It’s a mad rush
Into the surging
Waves (we cannot swim!)
But God says to keep looking,
looking at Him!
How often, like Peter, our fickle faith
Sinks sadly into the Sea of Chinnereth;
The Lord has to stretch out His hand
And bring us into the boat and on to land.
“According to your faith, ” He saith...
But this faith-walk we don’t understand.
Tom Prato's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Faith Walk by Tom Prato )
- DR.JOSE RIZAL the Hero and the great Mal.., Antonio Liao
- ಧೂಮ್ರಪಾನ ರಗಳೆ, Deepak Malapur
- Sheep of yesterday, today and ever..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Money plays, hasmukh amathalal
- Thinking's Mates, michael walkerjohn
- translate button on blouse, Havilah
- BEAUTY, BUT NOT BEAUTIFUL, G. AKANJI OLANIYI
- Beauty Of Song, Eve Carter
- WHINING FAITH, G. AKANJI OLANIYI
- Savoring Music, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)